Friday, April 3, 2009

know what this is?


Well, yes, it is an airplane, smartass! But do you have a more specific guess? No? OK, fine, I'll tell you. It's JFK's Air Force One! And surprisingly tiny, I might say. Remember in the movie Air Force One where it seemed like there were at least three stories to the plane each with about a city block worth of hallways, rooms, secret compartments, and escape hatches? I don't really know anything about the current Air Force One (and I understand there are more than one -- any plane, or I think even helicopter, that the President rides is coded Air Force One) but JFK's was a pretty barebones affair. One corridor about the length of a city bus with a pair of seats on each side. Couple special areas for communications, etc. This is over at the Pima Air and Space Museum that we visited last month in Tucson.

No comments: