Friday, April 10, 2009

The Warren/Sketch Week in Review

Howdy!

It's been a different sort of week, sort of. As you may have seen, I shot a weird lingerie fashion show last Friday night. Underwear models taking themselves very seriously. I, personally, find it difficult to take myself seriously in anything less than a proper leisure suit. But underwear models do it in their undies. Good for them, I say. Good for them.

Saturday, a visit to the Apache Junction library. I'm nearly done with The Stainless Steel Rat Goes to Hell. Fun read. Sunday we visited the Phoenix Art Museum. You may have seen how that inspired me to make a bad abstract art piece. One day I'll try to make a good one!

Monday I visited a local child/family photographer who wants me to help her shoot a portion of her brother's wedding. She's shooting it as a wedding gift, but she is also in the wedding party. So she needs some help. That'll be at the zoo in about a week. That should be something. Dawn worked hard with an online class toward AZ teaching certification.

Tuesday, I interviewed for a photography/retoucher job at a studio in Chandler. It went OK, but I don't know.... Dawn wrapped up an assignment for the certification class. She's pooped!

Wednesday, we had our neighbors Victoria and Roger (and their dog Lady) over for dinner.

Thursday.... oh, Thursday..... had an inquiry about a small wedding. We'll see how that goes.... Then there's the pastel news...Dawn got a pink slip. :( The economy is hitting hard even here in AZ. With the new governor making cuts to education as well as everything else, about 1000 teachers in the east valley lost their jobs in the past 3 weeks. Only 20 new teachers got pink slips in the J.O. Combs District. The district needs to cut 4-8% of the jobs. They went with the worst case scenario and laid off 20 teachers. If, it turns out the cuts only need to be 4%, they will be calling several of the teachers back. We'll keep you updated.

So, the week in review. How was yours!?!?!?

2 comments:

eman said...

hmm... I don't think I like pastel colors any more. Or pink underwear. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Hey eman!
Well, at least I don't HAVE to wear pink underwear.
Here's a link to Sherriff Joe... the man who practically invented pink underwear as a (forced)fashion statement.
http://www.mcso.org/

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.