Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Black and White and Red All Over

Old school riddle: What's black and white and red (read) all over? A newspaper. Modern version: What's a newspaper?

I find it unbelievable that any actual paper newspaper is still in business. Almost nobody subscribes anymore and except for pre-holiday sales inserts, who picks a paper up at the non-existant newsstand? Where do you get your news from? 'Net? TV? Radio? Other? See what I mean?

Wow. Where did that come from....? 'Cause I started with the words "black and white", that's where. Which leads me to today's photo offerings.

Some nifty b/w nature from Dawn:



and some rural decay from me:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the paper you ding-dong! (Macomb Daily) I have to see Max's name in print while I can. Once swim is done, I'll not continue to get it, probably though.

DetNew and FreePress have reduced the number of days they home deliver to 3, I think. Sunday and two other days - so I know where you are coming from, and I guess they do, for that matter, too.

Dawn & Ron said...

The internet is so much better, easier, faster news source. Instant updates, even sometimes an opportunity to give feedback.

Once all the elderly and luddites get on board, it will be unanimous.

Dawn & Ron said...

The internet is so much better, easier, faster news source. Instant updates, even sometimes an opportunity to give feedback.

Once all the elderly and luddites get on board, it will be unanimous.

Anonymous said...

but the internet doesn't show everything that's in the paper, little brother.... (:) )

Dawn & Ron said...

a) it could if it wanted to, the space is virtually infinite

b) a large percentage of what is in a newspaper is fluff, useless, or advertising

c) when you have a paper in front of you, how much of it do you read?

d) with newsreaders (feeders) you can even customize your content to your particular interests

e) the paper newspaper is a dinosaur, plus why waste all the paper (trees)? For that matter, all the paper wasted in offices, etc. Would you have defended chiseled stone tablets or papyrus rolls? Ya gotta roll with the times a bit.

Anonymous said...

Ah, that photo of the rundown motel is great. I'm stealing it for my computer wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

But they don't put all high school sports results online, I'd roll if I could. I could print, copy, send, better versions of these articles if they did offer them online - but they don't.

Get the papers updated to the times not just the old folks .....darling baby brother - smiles and long distance hugs and doggy butt sniffs! K-Rava