Friday, January 23, 2009

permit me to elaborate

In Arizona, a lot of stuff goes on on the side of the road. What do I mean by that? Well, for instance, people sell things. Things like oranges, puppies, tamales, furniture, art, vehicles, kitty condos, mattresses, turtles, firewood, etc. etc.

People also perform. Especially on Mill street in Tempe (the Ann Arbor of the desert). This is at least the fifth "guy with a guitar" I've run across. They are out there, but oftentimes, you barely hear them. There was also an entourage of punkers making some sort of sound, but they, too, were surprisingly quiet.

I'm going to guess that this town doesn't require a permit for anything "side of the road" related. Maybe I'll get out there and sing lounge tunes in my best Dean Martin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about your best Jerry Lewis instead? I think you have that nailed a little more solid...

Dawn & Ron said...

Sir, you cut me to the quick! Clearly, you have never heard me croon to soothing melodies of a Dean Martin tune. I am like the lost Martin brother. Lost, but, let me caution you to brace yourself, once found, a joy to the ear accompanied by an elevation of the heart!

Jerry Lewis, indeed! harumph!